hi from sydney down under newbie

-
Hi Chris and welcome to the board. What are you needing to know? If it is a body panel question there isn't a specific "body forum" so you'd post in the general Mopar forum. If it's something else there are different forums for each individual section of the car. Try posting your questions in the correct forum (i.e. engine question in the engines forums, trans. questions in the drivetrain forum, etc).

I just looked at your pics. You sure do have your work cut out for you. Glad it's you and not me, LOL...

BTW: you said it's a 68? It has a 69 trunk lid, 69 trunk trim and 69 tail lights. If it has rectangle marker lights it's a 69. 68's had round marker lights.

Hi Chris
Welcome from a fellow Sydney sider and also owner of a 68 Barracuda (well its my wifes)
Check out the following link re the restoration of my wifes cuda.
http://www.regals.com.au/gallery3.php?cat=211

We are members of the Regals Mopar Car Club. A great club with great people always willing to help or give advice.
Good luck with the resto.

Steve

Welcome. You will get lots of help with parts and resto info from some great people on this site. Good luck with your project and would love to see some pictures!

Welcome aboard We have the best of the best tec's and great folks here.
Jump on in and enjoy :cheers:

Hi Chris and welcome to the board. What are you needing to know? If it is a body panel question there isn't a specific "body forum" so you'd post in the general Mopar forum. If it's something else there are different forums for each individual section of the car. Try posting your questions in the correct forum (i.e. engine question in the engines forums, trans. questions in the drivetrain forum, etc).

I just looked at your pics. You sure do have your work cut out for you. Glad it's you and not me, LOL...

BTW: you said it's a 68? It has a 69 trunk lid, 69 trunk trim and 69 tail lights. If it has rectangle marker lights it's a 69. 68's had round marker lights.

hi everyone and thank u for ur welcome its great to see how mopar fever knows no distance
thanks fishy68 u right it is a 69
the plans are to put the 5.7 eagle motor out of one of my 2009 300c (that car is now a 426 supercharged monster lol)
i would like to upgrade the front suspension and disc brakes all round
my subframe is tottally f#%ked i got on to AMD and can get some of the frame and panels i need but they tell me the shock towers are no longer available
b body towers are available could this work on a body frame
looks like i may have to build the chassis from whatever oem parts i can get and make tubular frames if need be

is there a complete upgraded front end i could buy also any option for a rear end

thanks guys its real nice to be able to get some advice as this is new ground for me

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa477/chris595959/

chris59 and hnssnv, I make it out to Australia every couple months or so. More specifically, Richmond RAAF Base. I'd love to see your guy's rides when I make it out there.

Welcome aboard, yes there are k frame you can get to upgrade all that or you can go hunting for parts at the bone yard from a newer model. The new tube k frame for you might be the way to go they have they have coil over shocks in them and many disk brake kits. Well look through the form there is lots of info here

Good Day, Eh? Welcome to FABO. You will no doubt find yourself amazed at all the great info on this site. I seem to spend WAY too much time on here, which makes getting work done at work difficult. Good luck on your build of your Vert.

Welcome! There's always someone on here with the right answers. All ya got to do is just ask..

chris59 and hnssnv, i make it out to australia every couple months or so. More specifically, richmond raaf base. I'd love to see your guy's rides when i make it out there.

hey bill yeah for sure
let me know when u coming and we catch up go for a drive and take u down to the dragstrip as we chase the 10 second slip u can be my witness as they may not believe that we can build em bigger down under lol
chris

welcome aboard, yes there are k frame you can get to upgrade all that or you can go hunting for parts at the bone yard from a newer model. The new tube k frame for you might be the way to go they have they have coil over shocks in them and many disk brake kits. Well look through the form there is lots of info here

thanks very much rlevs
il go looking right now as we have finished striping it now will go for sandblasting nx week so need to start getting the bits to bring it back to life
chris

Hi Chris
Welcome from a fellow Sydney sider and also owner of a 68 Barracuda (well its my wifes)
Check out the following link re the restoration of my wifes cuda.
http://www.regals.com.au/gallery3.php?cat=211

We are members of the Regals Mopar Car Club. A great club with great people always willing to help or give advice.
Good luck with the resto.

Steve

man that build is awsome u have already done what im trying to do
could we please catch up asap i would really love top pick ur brains especially where i can get the front end and rear diff and brakes u used
please call me
chris 0405983672
i would like to join ur club please

Attachments

• cuda 1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 167
-
Back