hi from the UK

-

TimDart

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been ghosting this site for a while. Really helpful info and a positive attitude. Decided I must sign up!
I run 1974 Dart Sport with a mild 360/727 plus 3.23 gears(741).
Theres a really solid Mopar scene here in the UK and the Mopar Nationals every summer bring hundreds of Mopar and other muscle cars together for a weekend of drag racing, beer drinking and the usual social mix!

Hi Tony, i'll get some pics up soon. Lots of primer though. you guys might describe it as a beater. The good news is that it starts and runs in all weathers and i get to scare some of the local hot hatches (Euroboxes) every now and again!

Welcome. yeah, post a pic or 2 of your car. And you have to rememeber most of the cars started out that way. I used to show and cruz my 66 Dart in primer before i painted it, and now it is in primer again, and i stiil take it out.

Hopefully a couple of pics included of the car and the 360 during a lenghty Summer rebuild

Dart 805rear.jpg

IMG_0148.JPG

welcome tim dart! glad to have you aboard! i see that you spoke of the mopar nationals........is this the mopar nationals here in the states or is there another in the uk? lastly i see on you car that the reverse lights seem to be yellow....is this the norm in the uk, or just a mod?

Hi Demon,th refeerence to the Mopar nats is for the one in the UK. Gets bigger every year. The lights have been changed subtly to met UK regs. Tomorrow morning i take the car for the dreadedMOT test. This is an hour long mechanical/electrical/structural check that by law every car has to pass to stay on the road. Wish me luck!!

man an hour long test. that is intense! it'll pass with flying colors! i had often wondered if there are any type of inspection laws for cars and trucks in other countries......guess we aren't the only ones.

Hi, TimDart! Slainte. I have a friend in UK. He invited me to come visit him in "old blighty." I'm new here also, but it was important to me to be welcomed by Adam, Tony, & some of the other members. It's a good site to buy, sell, or just chat, etc. Have a Merry Christmas & enjoy the club.

Hello Tim
Welcome from a 'nother :newb:

What part of the UK I was at RAF Alconbury 80 to 84 I lived off base loved the UK I lived in the Villiage of Little Paxton, St. Neots, Cambridgeshire off the A1 I may head back to see old friends this sumer I when I have 2 months off.

My biggest find when I was there was a RHD 68 cuda but it was rotted out :sad2:

Hi everyone, thanks for all the greetings. My car passed the test today o i have another year on the road. I'm so relieved!
I live in Cornwall (south west corner of the UK) mainly cos I spend all my spare time surfing!

11 dec05.jpg

Tim, you don't have a "Hang Ten" Dart, do you? That would put you in, like, a paralell dimension or something with Califonians.;) And see, I learned something new, that the British actually have a strict safety inspection for their motorcars. And I thought all you had to do was thrash it with a bush every so often like Basil Fawlty..........RICK

Rick, i think all of us surfers live in a parralel lifestyle (or sumthin) or dimension! As for the test, it really is very strict and getting harder. every MOT test is a tension riven moment.. Its all now computerised so even 'friendly' examiners are on the wane. Still, i'm good for another year!

TimDart said:
Still, i'm good for another year!

Tim do they still have the law if any police want they can pull your MOT and make you get a new test? That happened on my MGB GT ( shock leaked ) They still check that you have the correct speed rated tyres? And stock size motor? The MOTs were heck when I was there in the '80s, stiffer now !!!!

Wild One, the cops have this law where they can pretty much strip your car at the side of the road and run MOT and the more stringent Constructions and Uses regulations while you wait. I saw a bunch of cops with this set up a while back and promptly u-turned and headed for the hills. Intrusive government I reckon :cwm10:

I loved the UK all but but the Intrusive government and VAT TAX, surfing looks a little cold....

Hi Tim, Ive noticed the UK Mopar scene is hotting up real nice. You have a few OZ A bodies over there too.
I'm thinking of travelling over to the ancestoral homeland sometime in the future (its only been 170 years since we left). What dates are the Mopar "Euro" Nats? Any chance of meeting up with some British Mopar cousins? :drinkers: Got my eyes on an Interceptor (Jensen) over here too, well its half Mopar, sort of.

-
Back