Hi! Newbie here...

-

1970Dart340Swinger

Reaction score
We just purchased a 65 Dart 270 that's in pretty nice condition. I'm new to restoration but my husband is not. He's restored other cars, but this girl has always had a hankering for fixin' a Dodge. My first car was a sweet 1971 Polara Custom. Green. Fast and furious!
So we're attacking the 270 from all angles and have it nearly stripped. I'm banging trim and LOVING it. Getting good at it too. The husband is doing all the really nasty, greasy things that you dudes enjoy doing, like laying on cold shop floors.
I have a few questions, so I'll be searching for the proper forum to post them. Remember I'm new, so no throwing wrenches please :)

Resized952020091995163331.jpg

Resized952020100395220809.jpg

Looks straight with little rust. My first Mopar was a Dart GT, 273, 4 speed. If you get real ambitious you can turn it into a two door GT. About 30 years ago, good donor cars for drag racers were drying up. Some one found out that you could find a two door wreck with a solid door post and cut the four door post out and weld the two door in. An easy job for a body guy. But, then an extra set of doors come in handy at the ice cream shop on a summer time cruise.

-
Back