Hi there.

-

Racer9

Reaction score
Not new to Ma Mopar, but mostly a truck guy. Retired, now have time to play. I bought a southern 2011 Ram R/T 2wd Hemi last year and am enjoying it. Took it to the local 1/8 mile and had fun, but am concerned about abusing my street truck too much, so I'm considering building a dedicated straight line racer. I came from the roundy-round world, actually had a NASCAR license for a couple years. Weekly series.
Anyhoo, since I'm a Dodge guy, I wanted to stick to Mopar, I know there's a ton of Camaro's and Mustangs, probably cheaper, but I'm not too bright, and I want to be different.
A local guy has a 1971 Scamp, already started, some race goodies, good price. I already did a bit of research, will be adding frame connectors, and this 'site comes up regularly.
I'm sure I'll be looking for info here often. I'm not planning to build a firebreather, just a nice, consistent, fun car.
Motor combo? I've found 360's, a 440, and modern Hemi's. I kind of want to do a Hemi as it's what's in my truck. I think I would back it with a 727. I would swap it to a carburetor to avoid the electronics as much as possible.
Any advice?
I will be at the Lake Erie Tri-State Mopar Club show in Albion PA on June 2.

Welcome to the FABO forum form the Lone Star state of Texas. Drag something into the garage...... Start wrenching .... Texas Red

IMG_5971.jpeg

Thanks all.
That Mopar NASCAR motor would be great, are you donating it? It's just a leetle teeny couple hundred thousand bucks out of my budget! :p

Thanks all.
That Mopar NASCAR motor would be great, are you donating it? It's just a leetle teeny couple hundred thousand bucks out of my budget! :p

:lol:

If I had one, I would be running it. I was hoping with your connections, maybe you could get your hands on one cheap. :D

Closest thing I can afford is about 1/24 scale.

Uh, yeah, no. Very limited connections, way too limited for a free motor.
I guess I could build a 1/24 racer.:rofl:

-
Back