Hi ya all

-

71 Dart

Reaction score
Well, I've finally done it. I found a great A-bod in a 1971 Dart Swinger. Bought the car about a month ago and brought her home just a couple weeks ago. She now sits in my garage with the interrior (except dash) completely stripped out. This lil gal is super super solid ( a fine southern gal ), all floor panels and trunk are original without even the hint of rust. I have NEVER seen a car of this age be this solid. I'm one, lucky guy, I will have saved hundreds of $$ on body cost. The exterrior sheetmetal appears the same save one small area on the passenger side rocker panel, perhaps a 2-3 inch blister under the paint, but even it is rock solid with the tap of a screwdriver.

The car came with new carpet,headliner, and rear package tray, I'll have to buy the upholstery for the seats, that's all. She comes with a /6, but I call it my NFL /6, that's Not For Long.. she one day will be a big block, I have a couple engine possibilities, still undecided.

I have a couple other Mopars, but have been looking for the right A-bod for about 4 years, wanted a Demon but couldn't afford what I would have liked and didn't want a rust bucket, so the lil Dart was my best hope. And this A-bod HAD to be a 71 model.

Sorry no pics as of yet, but I will let you see her in due time. :thumbup:

The ole guy - Jim

Welcome aboard ! Sounds like you got as lucky as I did with rust free sheet metal.

Welcome Jim, :thumbup:

DSCF0016 (Small).JPG

welcome aboard 71 dart! where are you located? you don't have anything filled out in your signature. how about some pictures of you ride. we like pictures! :wav:

Thanks for your warm welcome. I will try to update the profile, I'm not all that puter smart and being a new forum and all it will probably take me a spell to mesh in, but looking forward to the ride here.

I live in SE Ohio, a little town called Uhrichsville, we are about 90 mile south of Cleveland and about 90 mile east of National Trails ( home of the Mopar Nats.), we also attend the Carlisle Mopar show so we get a bit of Mopar love throughout the year.

I do have one pic of the Dart provided by the owner before we bought her, I'll try and post that pic, maybe I'll get lucky and do it right.

Try # 2 on the pic, LOL

71 Dart.jpg

Hey guys, I did find a couple more pics sent by the owner, thought they had been deleted from my PC, and like the proud grampa, surprise. I'm eager to get the interrior done, but looking for a front bench, one of the previous owners swaped out the original bench for some late model buckets ? ?

So to give you a little more of a view :

Don't know why the pics turned out this way, but perhaps someone can do better with them ?

71 Dart 2.jpg

71 Dart 3.jpg

71 Dart  floor.jpg

71 Dart  trunk.jpg

Welcome ole guy Jim,
Yep you found a keeper,
And you and Adam sure has it made [no rust work]!! :thumbup:
Keep us posted on this Dandy A Body.
Enjoy this site and have some fun,
We have some of the best tec's around :blob:

Welcome Jim, great to see another Ohio guy on here!! I too looked for quite awhile before I found an A-body that I thought was worth my money here in southern Ohio. It's almost rust free, just a hint in the very bottom of both quarters, and it's still wearing the original 1972 paint. I had a 1971 Dart Swinger back in the late 80's, and will find another one someday. I love that front end. I'm near Portsmouth, by the way. Later, Dave.

Nice find Jim and Welcome, but I got to say that that Dart would look a lot better in my driveway right beside my black Demon. So what do you say Jim, I'll give it a good home. :lol: :burnout:

:thumbup: Sure a lot of nice A-bods on this site, makes me want to get mine in order and get a few good pics of her so I can show her off proper. Sorry Demon Seed, this lil girl ain't going no where, I'm still just totally amazed at how solid and what great shape this car is in, I would have thought it couldn't be possible to find orininal shetmental so good. I sure must have done something right.

Thanks to all of you for a very nice warm welcome here, I appreciate it. Looks like perhaps I'll be able to make a few more Mopar buds from this forum.

:) :thumbup:

Well okay Jim, If you're thinking of going to a BB there are good kits out there that make the job not a pain in the butt like it used to be. I'm sure that most of the members will however try to get you to put a SB under the hood of that fine girl. I'm running a BB in my Demon. :thumbup:

P6020033.JPG

Copy of P9100004.JPG

Honestly the only SB I'd consider would be the 340 and anymore they are not only hard to come by they are pretty pricy, and rightly so and understanable. I have two options with a BB conversion. I have a '69 383 and with that I also have a dual quad intake with two 500 Carters, along with 915 heads. And.........I have another 440 sitting on a stand just waiting for some action. I rebuilt a 440 +6 a couple years ago and put it in a B-body, some good action there, now if I can just get her dialed in. She runs like hell for running as crappy as it does, I'd love to see her really fine tuned just to feel that torque, awsome. This is the first and only 440 I've ever had,........just amamzing. I "think" I'd like to build another one........LOL.

71 Dart said:
Honestly the only SB I'd consider would be the 340 and anymore they are not only hard to come by they are pretty pricy, and rightly so and understanable. I have two options with a BB conversion. I have a '69 383 and with that I also have a dual quad intake with two 500 Carters, along with 915 heads. And.........I have another 440 sitting on a stand just waiting for some action. I rebuilt a 440 +6 a couple years ago and put it in a B-body, some good action there, now if I can just get her dialed in. She runs like hell for running as crappy as it does, I'd love to see her really fine tuned just to feel that torque, awsome. This is the first and only 440 I've ever had,........just amamzing. I "think" I'd like to build another one........LOL.

Boy I don't know which one I'd choose, I've run 383's and 440's in B Bodies over the years, the Demon's is a 70 383. I guess it comes down to what do you want to spend, me I think I'd stroke the 440 and go for the juglar.

Terry

Awesome find, that is one sweet ride. Thats one hell of a good starting point for a project. You got to have a horse shoe some place. Congrats and welcome to the site many technicians and magician's here and very knowledgable enjoy!

-
Back