Hidden radio install

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
After a very stressfull week finally got some quality time to work on the cuda & finished upgrading the battery cables and got the hidden radio working. Just have the radio in the glove box rough now. Cut a section out of the back of spare box and fabed up some brackets but still want to clean up the radio install. Any suggestions. Thanks & here are some pics.

Oldschoolcuda

I wrestled with the same question, where to mount a late model audio unit without cutting up the dash. An underdash tissue dispenser worked for me

29-1.jpg

Here is my hidden radio install, can't even see it! Uh...wait a minute, I don't have a radio! :toothy10: Nice job on mounting it in the glove box, looks nice! 8)

Picture 280.jpg

Caveman, where did you score that under-dash mount? My local stereo shop looked at me like I was from Mars when I tried to describe something like that. The guy just kept saying "This unit fits in a standard hole. My book doesn't show an adapter so you will be fine".

I won't be buying from them anyhow...

yea that underdash mount looks trick....wheres it from?

Caveman, where did you score that under-dash mount? My local stereo shop looked at me like I was from Mars when I tried to describe something like that. The guy just kept saying "This unit fits in a standard hole. My book doesn't show an adapter so you will be fine".

I won't be buying from them anyhow...

I bought mine from Circuit City,
I asked if they had one, and it was in the back the installer had one.

Ebay, there is one, less than half the price, I paid.

Item number: 150259221957

Seller: carsounds810

tvc104.jpg

$12.98 TO GET THIS ITEM TO YOUR DOOR

I have thought about this too. Mine is going under the passenger bench seat inside the mount that Caveman has on his. It has an AUX output on the face of the deck for my iPod, which is all I'm going to be using basically. Too easy on a convertible to just reach into the glovebox and see the radio. The original radio will be functional too once I get a new front dash speaker setup.

Nicely done BTW

-
Back