HID's!

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
Well i just got my HID headlights for christmas! I cant waite to see how they look. I'll post pictures once i install them.

Man ur gonna love'em I have a set on my 67 dart. Lot brighter then stock, although I would suggest installing a relay on the high beam and low beam side for even brighter light.

Joseph24251_200 said:
Man ur gonna love'em I have a set on my 67 dart. Lot brighter then stock, although I would suggest installing a relay on the high beam and low beam side for even brighter light.

Why? HID's are only 35 watts and all kits come with ballasts. Unless you go halogen bulbs which are i think 100 watts, then you will need relays.

It has to do with the crappy stock wiring, not the power draw. Use the stock wiring to run the relays, then run direct battery power through the relay to the lights. There is usually a 2 or 3 volt drop through the factory switch and old wiring.

Then again, if you have any kind of replacement harness, you won't need to worry about it.

I just installed a set of Halogen H-4's in my Dart and used relays to prevent the headlight switch from melting. You might want to consider doing it. The relays cost about $7.00 ea. from Radio Shack. I bought 30 amp auto relays.

BTW: The difference between the stock headlights and H-4's is amazing... It's like comparing a candle to a flashlight.

anyone have a link for the h4 conversion bulb and housings? I believe my dart has the 5.25 round. Oh, I'm only interested in DOT approved stuff.

Im not doing the H4's though. Do i still need to use relays??? The tru HID's are lower watts and draw less amps than stock bulbs. its not like i dont want to spend the money on relays, i would rather see less wires.

i would go with relays. wiring is just something ill never do just enough. overkill is what i prefer. given that mine are on relays, and wires? what wires, mine are behind the radiator :D

100_1357.jpg

-
Back