High back bucket seat frame differences

-

kujo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the differences of the frames from 70 through 76? Can I get frames from any year and put whatever year padding and covers I want as long as the padding and covers are from the same year?

Well i just did this and found that 70-71 have springs inside the back and 72 up are just foam with wires molded in. So if you want to cover 72 up with a 71 down you need 72 up back foam and 71 down bottom foam. Also i may depend on the model of car it came from so you will need to open them see what style it is. I covered 72 cuda seats with 71 demon covers and had to make it up as i went.

Thanks for that info 71DemonBill.. learned something new. Also, 73 & up seats are completely different in their shape and style than 70-72.

Grant

Thanks for that info 71DemonBill.. learned something new. Also, 73 & up seats are completely different in their shape and style than 70-72.

Grant
If I understand your post correctly, I can't put 72 bucket sweat covers on my 74 bucket frames? Not to steal the post, are Duster / Dart Sport rear bench frames the same as Swinger frames? I have heard one is taller (Duster?) but same otherwise. Thx, Roger

-
Back