Highhway freakin' robbery. Don't buy Product Engineering FPR

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I loved my fuel pressure regulator until today. It works well and looks great. The diaphragm went bad in less than a year, but I run a lot of race gas, so I figured no big deal, I'll get a new diaphragm and get on with life. I finally tracked the guy down. It turns out his shop is fifteen minutes from my house. I get there to buy the part and he wants $25 each for a small rubber diaphragm. I bought a complete Holley regulator today new for $30, just in case I needed it. I took pics of the part with my keys next to it for a size comparison. I have a hard time recommending this product now, good looking or not.

View attachment FPR.jpg

View attachment FPR 1.jpg

View attachment FPR 3.jpg

View attachment New Diaphragm.jpg

It's sad to hear that. Most small business owners will have no problem backing a product up, if they believe in their own quality of craftsmanship.

I have a couple different thickness of reinforced buna-n sheet. I used to repair pump on VW Southwind gas heater. As a side note. If anyone is familiar with those, the pump drive also drove the ignition points, very scary.

If you PM dimensions, thickness and address, I will send piece, to you free, to try.

That's just stupid. Thanks for the heads up.

Doesn't this look like a Holley carb diaphragm?

It's a little bigger, but not by much. However, the Holley had a metal plate riveted onto the diaphragm. Internal on the regulator is a spring loaded plastic plate on the bottom and a detachable spring / plastic plunger on the top. The diaphragm goes between.

-
Back