Hint for finding old parts

-

petty437

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know about one of the gems I found today. I have been looking for a Carter BBD 2 bbl carb for a SuperSix conversion on my 63 Dart. After talking with some "car" friends, it was suggested to check some of the local heavy equipment repair shops on where they would get a starter or alternator rebuilt. So I did. WOW!!! I was given a few places within 15 miles of my house to check. JACKPOT!!! The first one I stopped at had parts everywhere! On tables, shelves, the counter & even the floor! They had the carb I was looking for on the shelf! Rebuilt with the tag still attached AND very reasonable money! Thank you Automotive Electric in Akron, Ohio!
So, my hint for you? Check your local shops. The little mom & pop shops. They are still out there. You just need to ask around.

Yep, that place has been there forever! They are good people to deal with. I have had good luck at R&R Engine and Machine also and they are not that far from each other.

Last edited:
Yup, people always skip the little guys and they are the best ones! There are shops Like that all over the place that people overlook. Some implement places are also good, plus lots of farm and construction equipment used Chrysler engines! Don’t forget marine, they also used lots of Chrysler engines but some marine stuff is a little different.

-
Back