Hit and run...drunk driver

-
This is why I'd like to delete or lock all those idiotic F`in drunken posts some of our membership likes to do. Just recently a couple of our not too bright members were bragging about being hammered at mid-day. Real nice post guys.......There is absolutely NOTHING sensational about drinking too much. NOTHING. There should be a way of including the beverage manufacturer or place of purchase in your restitution.

I can not find any compassion for these assholes that drink & drive. You should be able to chain these douche bags up in your garage and use them as punching bags. Sorry to read all these posts, especially including the loss of your Father 68FB340.

Been there. Parked on the side of the street one night when I lived on a dead end road. Woke up the next morning and my car was 20 ft up the street
(up hill !) Took out the drives side quarter and shattered all the plastic interior.

To bad the *** lost his license plate when he hit my car.

Atleast you got the guy, and the vehicles will be repaired. Too bad you weren't able to spend some alone time with the idiot before the cops came, you could say they were accident related injuries!

This is why I'd like to delete or lock all those idiotic F`in drunken posts some of our membership likes to do. Just recently a couple of our not too bright members were bragging about being hammered at mid-day. Real nice post guys.......There is absolutely NOTHING sensational about drinking too much. NOTHING. There should be a way of including the beverage manufacturer or place of purchase in your restitution.

I can not find any compassion for these assholes that drink & drive. You should be able to chain these douche bags up in your garage and use them as punching bags. Sorry to read all these posts, especially including the loss of your Father 68FB340.

Let em have it John. I didn't see those posts but I agree. Drinking and driving don't mix. When I was in 8th grade I lost a super good friend to a drunk driver. That was over 30 yrs. ago but I still remember my bud Steve.

I have a rental house at the end of a cul-de-sac, I was awakened around 2 a.m. by the tenants to come and talk to the police. After a short chase, a drunken driver crashed his car into the house and then tried to flee. Some people are stupid enough without adding alcohol. Drinking and driving makes no sense and is just plain stupid.

What is the common denominator here? Alcohol! When are people going to get on the anti drinking band wagon like they have done cigarettes? Yes second hand smoke may kill you in 30 years. A drunk driver can kill you, tonight! Let see, what would you rather be driving on the road with, someone that ,( heaven forbid, smoked a pack of Marlboro's) , OR, was really cool and drank a 12 pack of Corona's?

Being a Fireman for 25 years, I can tell you,just because the courts take your DL away, doesn't stop these POS from driving. I go to the aftermath of vehicle accidents all the time involving Alcohol just to find out that some POS was driving with a revoked DL.

And yet our society embraces alcohol. You see the commercials on TV showing young, happy people enjoying beer. Reality is an entirely different picture.

I don't know if these advertisements are nationwide, but here in the NYC area they are airing GRAPHIC anti-smoking commercials showing the effects of smoking on the human body. They show people under the knife having arteries scraped or people about to have a gang green-infected limb about to be amputated. Great stuff. Maybe they should start a campaign showing people cut in half from crashing when drunk, or at the very least people puking and being assholes. Or some drunked Bimbo being tag-teamed behind some bars dumpster.

Yeah, drink up assholes....
:thebirdm:

I was at a hot tub party back when i was 18. This drunk, hot chick got out out of the tub... Her body glistening as the steaming water ran between her breasts and down her thighs....

Being that I was 18, I got an instant woody....

In all her young, fresh beauty... she glided 5 steps, fell down, puked and **** in her bikini.... She never did it for me after that.....

You guys seem to have lumped anyone that has a beer or two into the category of a drunken asshole that's about to jump in his car and kill somone. Many people like to have a few and shocking as it may sound, not drive or get so drunk they puke and **** themselves.

I have no use for those that drink and drive and completely agree with your rants regarding it but if you want to tip a few responsibly that's fine by me.

You could make the exact same arguement about our cars, they should be banned, when are we going to get on the anti horsepower band wagon, not everyone handles HP responsibly, look at the accidents, carbon emissions, blah, blah, blah.

You're either responsible or your not, and if you're not you'll find a way to screw your life up and most likely those of many others while you're at it.

Picture the scene.... It's October 5th 1968. My father was 18 and riding as a passenger in a vehicle that was struck by a 3 time ticketed drunk driver.... Flash forward to October 8th 1968... I am born the same day as my fathers funeral.

True story.

I was at a hot tub party back when i was 18. This drunk, hot chick got out out of the tub... Her body glistening as the steaming water ran between her breasts and down her thighs....

Being that I was 18, I got an instant woody....

In all her young, fresh beauty... she glided 5 steps, fell down, puked and **** in her bikini.... She never did it for me after that.....

Wow, those are two interesting stories from each end of the spectrum. Did your mom remarry?

Both stories are 100% true.

The one about my dad getting killed goes well beyond the little I posted... If my typing speed was faster I would tell all of it......

But for your direct question... Yes she did remarry.

I totally agree that having your daily drivers destroyed completely sucks, but am I the only one who sees this as an opportunity--no, a responsibility-- to drive the hell out of your classic? Think I'll start leaving the Isuzu Rodeo in the street instead of the driveway!! :bootysha:

Wow! I'm with Rob here. I never saw anyone advocate drinking and driving on any thread posted and I sure didn't see anyone admit to shitting in their drawers or drinking till puking. Please be aware that I think drinking and driving is as stupid as it gets and I DO NOT drink and drive, not even one beer. I also got my truck hit while parked on the street, I lost a brother to a drunk driver in '77 when I was 11 plus I lost two good friends in HS, one was a passenger in a car and the other was just walking across the street, sober as a stone. As far as someone bragging that they were drunk mid-day, I didn't see that either but I know for a fact that many members here work nights and noon is their midnight or 1 am.

I feel sorry as hell for that poor teenager and I hope you called an ambulance. She could have died from a combination of alcohol poisoning/hypothermia. Teenagers don't know how to drink and combine that with a 100-120 lb little girl and a hot tub is just a recipe for disaster. The dangers of alcohol and hot tubs are well known. She was dying of hypothermia and could have had a heart attack. Even as mean and as self centered as I was when I was a teenager, I most certainly wouldn't have walked away from this tragedy. Not only is it morally repugnant but legally irresponsible and if she died, you could have gone to jail.

Anyway, if you all want to ban any reference to alcohol, go ahead. It won't put my shorts in a twist. But personally, I think it's fun to tip a few and socialize with my fellow members, share you-tube clips of favorite bands, etc. in a safe venue where driving isn't necessary. Another suggestion might be to set up a bar thread where sign in is necessary and you all don't have to see it like the political thread. I understand that it may bring bad memories up for a lot of you so this might be a solution. Oddly enough, I never saw a fight break out or a "excuse me while I puke" reference in any of the drinking threads.

Just my opinion and some facts guys. Flame away. :)

No I'm not against having a few, at home or when you have a sober driver. But we all know that the bar parking lots are full of people who drive there, drink, then drive again. It doesn't mater how little or how much a person drinks, from the first sip they are impaired to some extent. Yet drinking is portrayed as the party starter, it is glorified as socially acceptable everywhere. They banned smoking commercials why not drinking commercials?

You most certainly have a point SG. The beer commercials show nothing but gorgeous babes, not dried out bar flies with yellow fingers, but on that note, is there any commercial that portrays their product with any reality?

Part of the reason I left Chicago 15 years back was the attitude towards alcohol. I worked at a motorcycle shop right next to a bar and the cars were lined up there at 7 am. It was amazing. I'm sure most of those people are now dead, in jail or bitching about how they can't get anywhere in life while they sit in the same bar stool day after day after day.

-
Back