Hkr spr comp hedders fit?

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
Will the hooker super comp 1 3/4 tube small block a body hedders fit on a 75 duster with 360. They say 70-72 only on summits site. What is the real difference other than the motor mounts? I have them on my 73 but running a rack front steer with stock k member. Any input. Planning on installin into the car really soon. Hoping someone has installed them with stock steering. I have manual steering, disc brakes

are you talking about hooker 5204 headers?

dont take my word for granted on this one but i think its the #1 tube that wont work with the -73 up kframe because of where the sway bar is atached. the #1 tubecenterline goes almost straight down about 2½" outside the cylinderhead and in under the k frame and i think that gap is closed up by the swaybar, hope someone else can confirm this, if noone can i can go and give you some measurement ofwhere that tube goes if that is of any help :)

dont take my word for granted on this one but i think its the #1 tube that wont work with the -73 up kframe because of where the sway bar is atached. the #1 tubecenterline goes almost straight down about 2½" outside the cylinderhead and in under the k frame and i think that gap is closed up by the swaybar, hope someone else can confirm this, if noone can i can go and give you some measurement ofwhere that tube goes if that is of any help :)

i have them on my 73 now. fit great but i have a rack and pinion front steering. i just figured maybe they interfered with the rear idler or pitman arm. if the sway bar is the problem then i am ok since i am not running one. maybe i will be ok when i put it in the other car with stock steering then.
but some measurements will be great. i do have a new set of hedman headders for the car i could use but the are the small tube cheap hedders. either way i will be ok. just wanted to stick with my hooker super comps if i can
thanks for the info and would love some measurements or more input

are you talking about hooker 5204 headers?

those are the ones. they are on my 73 duster now. fit perfect but i have a front steer rack in it. i am putting it in my 75 now with stock steering. was worried why they say the wont' work on 73 and up? clear good now but i do not have an idler arm or pitman arm installed
i have manual steering box in the 75 and no sway bar

-
Back