Ho Ho no snow

-

norshorblufish

By the Big Water
Reaction score
Not used to no snow and warm weather and rain on Christmas here in northern Minnesota. Last year I was snow blowing snow drifts. Mid 40 degrees F and rain ,drizzle, and fog today. October was our snowiest month maybe a couple of inches.

Reminds me when I was in the second grade, when we lived in Bellingham Washington for a year.

Well I can look on the bright side. I didn’t buy a new snow blower or snow mobile.
IMG_1804.jpeg

No snow here in Southern Alberta Canada, low 40s today, a little warmer through the week. First green Christmas for me, last year was bitterly cold and a fair amount of snow, I spent my first 50 years in Manitoba, remember every Christmas being cold and plenty of snow.

We had some snow in November, but it's been in the 50s for several weeks now, had a light dusting Saturday morning but it was gone by end of day.

No snow here, in the Arizona desert either. I'm shocked, lol.
I did have to put on a jacket to play with the dogs, early this morning. It dropped down into the mid sixties!

We haven't had a white Christmas in years. Quite frankly, I'm ok with that!

Looks familiar. My wife and I were on a video chat with some of her relatives in Two Harbors yesterday, and again- same story.

On Christmas Eve the discussion inevitably worked it's way around to the strange weather, and we all shared photos from last year....

My wife and I still prefer a White Christmas (and NYE), but this year has got to be "one for the books". Heck, I don't think we even have any frost in the ground!

Jim

Lots of moisture here over last few days .. couple inches of rain and 6 of snow, not a fan of snow

Last year I'd already run out of places to push snow... This year on Christmas eve we got just enough dusting for Santa to use the runway and today the grass is bare..
christmas2023 012.jpg

christmas2023 202.jpg

I haven’t ever seen a winter yet like this one…but I’m liking it! Warm temps yet for a bit but I’m guessing it will finally cool down in a couple weeks….but we deserve this after the extra long and nasty winter we had last year!!! Heck, I have some friends who live on a lake and they all went swimming on Christmas…they have NO ice yet! Glad I don’t go ice fishing, I know many people upset they can’t go yet. The ski hill across the road from me is closed now and this is their busiest week of the year, they can’t make snow when it’s warm and the stuff they made is melting fast, the rain really hurt them.

87F27234-E31A-4B78-BAD9-5ABB1D2D4DD8.jpeg

-
Back