Holley 0-80508s 750cm 4160

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 75 duster and looking for a good carb. The motor is a stock 440 out of a motor home. Anyone have this carb?

IMG_0635.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

Check out the Quick Fuel Brawler version, all the air bleeds come threaded and the PVCR.

That carb would be fine for low compression 440, probably right out of the box with minor tuning.

My initial concern is that's a lot of intake for that engine. Hopefully you have a little rear gear or at least a bump in stall speed.

An Edel 625 AVS2 would be best for that engine. The small primaries with annular boosters will help with the soggy low end that single plane intakes have.

I have to agree with the Quick Fuel suggestion. While that Holley just might be perfect out of the box, the problem is, if it's not. There's zero adjustment anywhere other than air mixture screws, float levels and idle adjustment. The Brawlers all have high and low speed air bleeds on top, idle fuel restrictors and power valve restrictors in the metering blocks that can be changed to get the carburetor tuning right on the money. I have a Quick Fuel Slayer on the slant six in Vixen and a Brawler on the 400 in my Ford truck and I like the snot out of them.

Last edited:
An Edel 625 AVS2 would be best for that engine. The small primaries with annular boosters will help with the soggy low end that single plane intakes have.
Another fine suggestion ^^^^^ adjustments easily made with metering rod swaps and jet swaps.

Another fine suggestion ^^^^^ adjustments easily made with metering rod swaps and jet swaps.
I have a quickfuel (780) carb on my 440, and first put one on my stroker 408. The carb that came with the engine was a 750 but had no ability to tune things without major work. With a few little tweaks the QF carb woke those engines up and put a smile on my face. I will never use another Holley style carb that cannot be tuned with IAB/HSAB and PVCR changes.

Remember: engines/drivetrains are a system. It is important to make changes intelligently so that the system works together to do what you plan doing with the vehicle.

Edelbrock carburetors are great for all around street cars, they a pretty much plug and play. For street use, the Holley carburetor requires too much tuning and tweaking to get it right. I run a Holley on my bracket car and an Edelbrock on my street car.

-
Back