Holley 1850 rebuild

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hello I am looking into rebuilding my carb its a Holley 1850-3 i have never rebuilt a 4bbl carb before i have rebuild lawn mowers chainsaw weedeaters etc. I have done some research and found the holley rebuild kit i need is their holley 37-119 rebuild kit. I have also found a varitiy of kits that claim to fit as well including the quickfuel nonstick 3-200a the only differnce i can see in the two is the 3-200 includes the secondary diaphragm and the holley dont. They are around the same price is the holley brand better or should i get the free sec dia? Or is there another brand yall recommend? Also since this is my first attempt is there any tips and tricks or anything i should look out for or be aware of before i begin thanks for your help.

There's a kit to provide protection to the power valve in case of a backfire, make sure you install that if the carb doesn't already have one.

Holley 125-500 Power Valve Check Ball Kit

Check the installation instructions. If you see a small ball bearing in the spot indicated for install then it would already have one installed.

Are all the rebuild kits equal? I found another on ebay like the 3-200 for 22 anyone used them are they legit?

Ok thanks was planning on going with the holley until I found the one with the secondary diaphragm now im thinking thats the best deal but i dont want to sacrifice quality for economy!

I always buy the Holley kits.
Think of it this way, they designed the carbs, and gaskets.
The other company's are just copy's of Holley's design..

-
Back