holley 1920 ?

-

dryheat

Reaction score
I've got a Holley 1920 on my 1967 Barracuda. There has been a big hesitation off idle since day one. Bought a rebuild kit and re-built carb. I believe the accel pump does not work. See pic. The throttle linkage never really activates the pump shot. Accel linkage assembly has NO springs.

Should I try to buy a used 1920 for parts? Buy an off the shelf NEW carb?

TIA,

Ed in Tucson

holley1920.jpg

It looks like the part that attaches to the accel pump fell off or worn out.When you rebuilt the carb,did you put the spring in for the pump?

yeah, there should be a little rib on the side of that plastic lookin cam deal. With all the 1 barrel intake's i've seen for sale lately, its highly likely you'll score a used carb off this forum without breaking a sweat.

Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download. Avoid "remanufactured" carbs; they're junk. See here also.

Yea, during the rebuild I knew I was in trouble when I found no springs in the accel linkage. Looking at the service manuals looks like I am missing the 'diagram return spring' AND the 'drive spring'.

Where can I buy a like new carb?

Ed

If you go to the Mopar Cars and Parts wanted thread,you can ask if anyone has a good Holley 1920 for sale.Im going to go look at another slant 6 this afternoon and if I can find another carb you can use for parts,ill let you know .

-
Back