-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don K

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good carb or rebuildable core. Of course don't want to spend a lot. If you have one sitting around let me know.
Thanks

1945. One barrel. Slant six. Don, this is just my personal opinion, so take it for what it's worth. The Carter BBS is a much better carburetor, IMO. Unless you simply want to keep it more original, I'd sure go with the Carter.

I am not opposed to the carter. My 74 duster 225 has a holley 1945 one barrel on it and even after putting a kit in it it's not right so it thought I could make one "good" carb out of two. This is just a temporary deal. I will rebuild the engine and convert to a 2 barrel set up in the future. This project is after the 65 Barracuda is done ( about a year down the road). So until then I would like to drive it. So I thought making the Holley workable would be the easiest way to do it. If someone has a cheap Carter BBS I would be interested.

I am not opposed to the carter. My 74 duster 225 has a holley 1945 one barrel on it and even after putting a kit in it it's not right so it thought I could make one "good" carb out of two. This is just a temporary deal. I will rebuild the engine and convert to a 2 barrel set up in the future. This project is after the 65 Barracuda is done ( about a year down the road). So until then I would like to drive it. So I thought making the Holley workable would be the easiest way to do it. If someone has a cheap Carter BBS I would be interested.

I have one, but it's a crusty POS. I wouldn't even try to build it. Let me look tomorrow to make sure I don't have a better one. I might, but I only remember the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back