Holley 2280 needle valve float question

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
Hi Folks I have a question on the Holley 2280 needle valve/ float operation. In my past experience with the carbs I have worked on (limited and long ago) the needle valve was always open to allow fuel in then closed when the fuel bowl level rose and the float closed the valve. My question is does the Holley 2280 do opposite of this?

When I pulled the needle valve assembly it looks to need to have the float pressing against it when the bowl is empty to open the needle for fuel flow. Does the valve stay closed normally unless the float is pressing against it?

I have not opened up the carb to check to see if the float is perhaps stuck or something so wanted to see if I could get some clarification on it from yall I would appreciate it.
BTW I have a Stromberg WW on the car and it works fine so I know the fuel pressure and volume are ok,

Thanks yall!

I looked at the Mike's Carb rebuild video and it looks normal; the float tab appears to press on the valve to close. See here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9oc2_CQHjw"]Holley 2280 Carburetor Rebuild - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Oh thanks man, that is great, didn't think to go to the link on utube. That is great stuff, I appreciate it!

-
Back