Holley 2280 variations

-

Pompis

Reaction score
I'm asking if anyone have any info if there are any major differences on the Holley 2280 intended for mopar or the Holley 2280 intended for chevy 307. The Holley part number for chevy seems to be 2-261, 2-262, 2-263 and 2-283. Are they the same carb as the "Mopar 2280" except the throttle linkage and maybe some variations in jettings? Going to buy a 2280 for my slant to replace my BBD since it runs mysterious when hot at idle (Idle rise about 200rpm and runs a little rough). Have rebuilt the carb, rebushed the shaft, tuned it and have real good throttle response. Haven't found any vacuum leaks with brake cleaner sprayed over and over at the whole engine where the "vacuum flows". I think that it have some internal leak, warpage or something bad. So I want to buy new/NOS carb and I want a Holley 2280 since they are not cursed with the bad throttle shaft vacuum leak and seems to be cheaper and more of them than the NOS BBD. Have only found the chevy 2280 and they are cheaper and more available to buy NOS than the mopar ones. I know I can adapt the thottle linkage to take the mopar throttle stud so that's not a problem and I read that you want the mechanical and vacuum operated metering rods since it helps the curb idle? Are there many different setups how the 2280 work? Have read that there are bad for the 2280 to run todays gasoline with alcohol.

Here are my thread regarding my idle problems on my BBD. Have done everything that's suggestied in the thread and everything seems right. Have checked my initial timing even checked TDC. There are no holes inte the butterflies and they are mounted so as little light as possible shines through. Have set the float at factory setting since it doens't flood anymore. Fixed partial the high idle problem described in the thread by unhook a manifold vacuum line from the idle step up diaphragm. Now it idles 600 rpm cold but 800 rpm hot.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=284473

Thanks FABO for any input and comments.

Problem solved. Found a NOS Super 6 2280 carb that are in real good condition. I hope this carb will perform better than my BBD. It doesn't have a mechanical metering rod but going to find a donor 2280 to harvest the parts needed to get the mechanical metering rod work on the NOS one. Going to buy a alcohol resistant rebuild kit just for the reason of todays fuel.

DSC_3300_zpsfcd32a0c.jpg

DSC_3302_zpsebd74f42.jpg

DSC_3303_zps04e2ee1f.jpg

-
Back