holley 2300 rebuild

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
I am about to rebuild my carb, have no idea what im doing. I have to do it because i want to know how it works. Any suggestions where to find instructions? I found one on the holley site, no instructions except how to tune them. It has an exploded view, have a headache from looking at it.:sign10:

I just did this a few weeks ago. I used the the exploded view. Seemed to work well. Just pay attention to your tear down. Maybe have 3 or 4 different containers to keep parts from sections of the carb separate from the others.

ok, i rebuilt it, hooked it up and here is what happened. It started, but didn't want to idle too long. The first picture shows a horn in the center of the picture, fuel was spitting out of it. Any hints as to what would cause this? Is the butterfly to remain in the open position all the time, cuz it is.

carb 1.JPG

carb 2.JPG

float level is set too high pull the screw out on the side /loosen the screw on top of the bowl and turn the nut clockwise to lower the level then with the car running you want fuel to just rise to the bottom portion of the threads from the side screw /tighten the screw against the nut on top /level is correct in this manner /then hook up a vacuum gage and adjust the bleed screws until you get the highest vacuum reading this will get you going there is also an accelerator pump setting /with the throttle in the wide open position you should have a .015-.020 gap between the pump lever and the spring screw adjustment

I can't tell you where, but you need to find out the basics. Bernoulli's Principle and how a toliet works. Yep!

thanks sixpak, makes sense! Speedthrills, I need to know how a TOILET works as much as you need to grasp the english language and the grammar that goes along with it. Yep!

sixpak, did what you said and it worked, thank you! She is spitting out of the tail, i am assuming that the mixture screws are next. Doing a little research now, if you have any input, let me know. Thanks!

-
Back