Holley 2bbl

-

Formula S 67

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any members have a Holley 2 barrel 0-7448 installed in place of the stock carburetor..

I found one in really good condition at the local wrecking yard, on a 66 Dart, and wanted to know if it would be a good carb to rebuild.

I have a 273 two barrel automatic..

I have that very carb on my slant six. I think they are great carbs. Easy to work on. Make sure the throttle shaft isnt too loose, and add a backfire valve in the base plate, if it dosnt have one. Mine did not. I dont know if that is the greatest size for your application, but there is another of the same configuration that is 500 cfm. Also I dont know if it is compatable with the kickdown you have, I went with a Lokar.

Not sure offhand what CFM the Carter 2 is.. But I think the holley is a step up.
It moves pretty good now with a bad Carter..I think I can only go up with the replacement.

I'm not able to make the kick down work..not sure why.. I've gotten into the habit of downshifting when I need it.

My next assigment to tackle is putting the adjustable rockers back on.
In the past someone replaced the heads, and put on standard rockers, but left the solid lifters in place.

It's my driver, so I need it reliable for the time being..Performance and upgrading for power is in the future.

-
Back