Holley 500cfh 2bbl?

-

RH62

Reaction score
Anyone run one on a stock 318 2bbl manifold?
I was looking at the setup and the holes in the stock iron manifold could be opened up to match the adaptor and help the flow.
Has anyone tried this or have advice on this setup?
Thanks
Rich

149.jpg

WOW, i didnt think i would be the first guy around here to try this...
i ran the 500 cfh holley 2bbl 2300 series carb on my 72 challenger for a while but never really noticed much performance gain. I assumed it was due to the restrictions of the manifold. If i get it worked out ill let you guys know how it turned out.

I have a mopar mechanic friend who swears by the 500 Holley on a 318. reckons they howl and is the perfect size, says a 4 bbl just uses more fuel and not that much more perofrmance except up over 4500rpm where you would only spend 2% of your road time anyway. I think its important to match the manifold bore size though, use your die grinder

I would open the intake up to match the adapter.
I would also see what you can do for port matching the intake to the heads.

I think the 500 CFM 2 bbl would be a good setup on a mild small block.

We used a 500 cfm Holley 2 bbl on a small block cheby powered altered. It ran decently running low 10's to 10 flat. We put a 750 Holley on it though and it ran 9.60's.

i run a 500 holley two barrel on a 360 amc and it run good for the combo. i ended up putting a 4 barrel on amc when 2 barrel went back on oval track race car.

If anyone wants to try this I have a new rebuilt by Holley still in the box never run 500 cfm 2 bbl I bought but didn't use $125 plus shipping
Thanks
Sal

-
Back