Holley 650 fuel transfer tube install - how?

-

Seank

Reaction score
I am almost embarrased to ask this question. I have been using dual feed 750's for years so I never have come across this problem.

I currently have a small single feed 650 on my mild car and after a jet change I cannot for the life of me get the transfer tube back onto the bowl gasket. I used wd40, spit, and was thinking of a little grease but the tube isn't chamfered so its hanging up in the seal.
So do you have to somehow pull the gasket out of the housing (i.e. maybe ruin it in the process) and put it on the tube and then press it together?

Oh its the new fat rubber style seal, not the old school little o ring one.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Sean

Put the O-ring on the tube then lube the o-ring/tube end and stick it slowly. Don't forget to keep an eye on the ring so it doesn't catch on the edge of the hole.

Cool. It worked out just fine. My only challenge was how to pull the seal from the float bowl housing without ruining it.

So I found a little machine screw and stuck it head first in through the bushing and used the head of it to pull on the back side of the seal and it slid out just fine without ruining anything. Sweet! that doesnt happen often.

Thanks for the help.

Sean

It's always better to put on the rubber before going into the hole. That is a life lesson. It holds true to alot of things.

-
Back