holley 670 carb help needed.

-

duster360

Reaction score
I bought a used 670 holley carb and since it has been sitting on a shelf for 5 years I decided to put a kit in it before I try and use it. My question is about the base plate. I noticed that the long grooves on each side run almost the length of the plate and go to a hole at each end. One of the grooves has a thin wall that is maybe a 1/4" from the hole on each end. It looks like it was not milled correctly and I think it should not be there. But want to be sure before I dremel them out.

[URL="http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/jaimie340/jaimie360/image_zps52ee7694.jpg"][/URL]

If it's not a 4 corner idle, I believe that channel should be open. It's the idle feed port from the primary mixture screw.

Just got a call back from Holley and they said it shouldn't be there, take a dremel to it. Boy am I glad I opened it up to take a peek. Case closed.

I wonder if it might be some changes that were made through the years. What is different about yours?

Doesn't Holley say they "run-test" these things before they're shipped out???

How would that idle???

Lol. I see now. The picture I posted is of the other side of the base. The carb was disassembled.

-
Back