Holley Black Fuel Pumps

-

360-75Duster

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Holley Black Fuel Pump? I need a new pump and thought this might be the last pump I should need for some time...

Thanks,
360-75Duster

Ive been using one for probably 10 years not even a hiccup. Have a prefilter though.

They are good pumps, they will easily support 600 HP easy, I ran a blue on 500 HP for 2 years & never an issue, free flowed 1 gallon in about 35-37 seconds, dropped on a black & used the blue for my nitrous, the black shelled out 1 gallon in 22 seconds, car ran exactly the same.

Just make sure you have a larger feed line as short as possible with a pre filter, & the pump needs to be level or below the fuel.

i just changed from o red pump to a black one my self,my friend recommeded i go with it because of the flow properties.

Having just replaced a Holley HP-150 pump - with another HP 150, let me share some things that I got direct from their Tech people. While the HP differs some from the Black the principles are the same. Yes, install a prefilter - but no tighter than 80 to 100micron. I had an pre filter on my old one but it was a 40 micron mesh and they said that may have hurt the pump. I put an 85 micron on the intake and moved the 40 to the outlet. Also, make sure the pump inlet is as far below the fuel tank outlet as possible. These pumps rely on gravity feed on the suction side - they are not designed to suck fuel out of a tank - at least a couple inches below the tank outlet is desired. Level is only good if you plan on having at least several inches of fuel in your tank at all times. These series of pumps are designed for 3/8" npt fittings so -8AN lines. -10AN inlet line is really not needed and should not be looked at as a fix for poor location. The Techs were more focused on having the pump low than having a larger intake line size than -8AN. You can't make up for bad location by using a larger line size. Going larger than -8AN on the outlet is not needed, and in some cases can hurt, depending on the HP of your motor, return line or not and driving conditions.

Thank you all for the responses! I guess I will be going with the Holley Black and the relay setup for it. I will also put a prefilter in first which I did have on the old inline pump before it went...

Thanks everyone

-
Back