holley carb electric choke wiring

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ok, so I am looking to wire my electric choke on the holley carb. so far I just ran a short jumper ground from the ground terminal to under a screw that holds the choke assembly to the body of the carb as it shows in the holley website. Now I am looking to run a positive 12v wire to feed this. It says it should only be working when the key is in the on position or the car is running? Where would the best place be to do this? Am I missing smoething here? I have the yellow and brown wires going to my starter relay. The brown is the tranny neutral safety switch. The yellow I believe goes to the ignition key. Can I tap into one of these wires? How can I test them to be sure they are working and have keyed power?

If you have a later style alternator (dual field) one of the fields gets switched 12 volt power and the other goes to the electronic regulator. You can tap into the one that gets the switched power. That's how mine is.

Ted

If you have a later style alternator (dual field) one of the fields gets switched 12 volt power and the other goes to the electronic regulator. You can tap into the one that gets the switched power. That's how mine is

Ted

Makes sense. But I don't seem to have power to either field. I turned the key in the on position and probed each terminal with a probe light and I have nothing at either field. I should also state that I have an MSD6AL box and also did the MAD ammeter switch? So I don't know if this has anything to do with me now not haqving power there?

I'm no expert but from what I understand you need a 12 volt supply to one of the fields in order for the charging system to work correctly.
I apologize if I've just opened up a can of worms.

Ted

-
Back