Holley carb ID

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
The only numbers I can find on the carb is 12r-10554b

I believe its a double pumper due to some google searches. cant figure out a correct holley part number for this carb though! anyone know what it is?

can you put up a picture?

If it doesn't have a choke air horn look on the side opposite the linkage for a some pads with numbers

can you put up a picture?

If it doesn't have a choke air horn look on the side opposite the linkage for a some pads with numbers

i'll go outside right now and see if i can get a pic in the dark. if not, i will tomorrow morning..

and i'll look harder for the pads with numbers while i'm at it. thanks..

found these numbers on air horn.

r84010-2 and then 0614

IMG00778.jpg

IMG00779.jpg

the number that matters is the 0614, which i can't find anywhere! the other 2 numbers are everywhere but the 0614 tells what the cfm is from what i can tell.

i'll keep looking tho

its a 600cfm, its the 6th one from the bottom

http://www.holley.com/data/Catalogs/Holley/188.pdf

thanks.

unfortunately from other stuff that i'm coming across, looks like these are older carbs from the 80's/90's. So not sure if i'll be able to find any parts for it..

here's an excerpt from something i read:
"The 4010 was made in the late 80's and early 90's, with some running changes to the design along the way. It would be fine for a mild 350. The airhorn should be stamped R84010, check this as there were several variations in this carb series.

If it is a 4010 the carb should have an square aluminum body with the fuel bowls cast into the main body, dual inlets, and vacuum secondaries. It is not a double pumper. A manual choke was standard, but they can be converted to electric and many were. Parts are mostly interchangable with other Holley models (except for a few gaskets and such) and rebuild kits are still available.

Factory setup was #67 primary jets, #75 secondaries, and a 6.5" power valve. That should be close to what you need. One modification I do recommend is installing the quick-change kit for the secondary springs, which speeds up the process if you need to experiment with secondary opening rates. It only costs a few bucks.

If you want to read up on these carbs, there is a book "Holley 2010, 4010 & 4011" by Mike Urich, published by Fisher Books. It's the equivalent of the famous Doug Roe book for Q-jets. I got a copy at a Books-A-Million store, but it was a few years ago. Might be available on-line somewhere, too.

If you need an assembly diagram of the carb, it is still on the Holley site:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechSer...Info/4010.html

There's also one in the book I mentioned. Hope that helps!"

you're correct the 4010 is the model number. but the 0614 is the date code.

and its a 600 cfm..

the r84010-2 means that:
"r8" - rebuilt carb
"4010" - model number
"-2" is the submodel

thanks guys for the help!

Where did you get any info that indicates that?

I have an R80496 and it's NOT rebuilt. It's a list number 80496 carb.

The 84010 is the part/list number of the carb and it's coincidental that the 4010 also matches your model style. The next on the list is also a 4010 model, yet has 84011 which is a 750 cfm. The breakdown you posted can't be correct.

Where did you get any info that indicates that?

I have an R80496 and it's NOT rebuilt. It's a list number 80496 carb.

The 84010 is the part/list number of the carb and it's coincidental that the 4010 also matches your model style. The next on the list is also a 4010 model, yet has 84011 which is a 750 cfm. The breakdown you posted can't be correct.

hmm. i'll re-check that then..

my dad just found that. he's sitting on his computer next to me right now and thats what he told me so I just went with it.

so you're saying that the carb isn't a 4010?

i'm pretty sure it is based on my quick research here..

The info about it being remanufactured is probably wrong then..

Reread what I wrote. It is a model 4010.

I believe that page is a list of rebuilt carbs by list numbers that are available.

A buddy of mine bought one from them and they told him it was the 4010 Holley design.

ohh. okay cool. thanks for that info then. because i'm going to need some parts for the carb to correctly hook up my kickdown linkage, so if i cant find the parts through holley, maybe the summit partss for their version of the 4010 would be similar enough...

What do you need Fred? If it's just the carb "kickdown" stud I have an extra. $10 shipped for it if that'll do you any good.

the throttle cable bracket is what i believe I need..I can tell that kickdown isn't hooked up correctly, not sure exactly how its supposed to be though.

thanks for the offer though

-
Back