Holley Dominator Question

-

d55dave

Reaction score
I am helping my Chevy friend with his camaro and have a Holley question. A little background, the car, a nine second camaro with a 434 small block was bought with a hurt engine. It had been running alcohol through a carb. The engine is getting rebuilt and dropping the compression a full point to 13:1 with new pistons. We plan to run race gas through a carb. This is all new ground for both of us as our previous cars and track time was all in the high 10 and 11 second range. The machine shop doing the engine work suggested a 1050 dominator.

These carbs are for sale locally, can anyone comment on them, what are used dominators worth, is there anything to look out for?

http://classifieds.castanet.net/details/holley_dom_4500_carbs/2197955/

Thanks guys!

With the 1050, you have the air bleed adjustments that can be used for tuning as well as the jetting. It can get frustrating trying to get it all set up correctly, but just stay with it and you will have a great carb for a drag car.

I don't like either of those in the ad. The newer ones have a much better and smoother entrance into the venturis.

Those prices seem a little high for what is sitting there. I've seen nice built dominators for $500 or less sometimes, those look like they've been sitting on a shelf for awhile.... Look on racing junk or yellowbullet.com classifieds. The post above sounded like a good deal too.

Here's the style you should look for. Might cost a little more, but they are worth it.

Attachments

• DOMINATOR.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 151
-
Back