Not open for further replies.

392Mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Located in Hazlet, NJ
625 Road Demon $125 plus shipping
750 Holley DP $125 plus shipping (Dropping it to $100 plus shipping)

I have 2 carbs for sale, the first is a Barry Grant 625 Road Demon with dual feed fuel line. I bought this thinking it was a speed demon but it ended up being a street demon which was too small for my 425HP 360. The guy I bought it from said it came off a running car and had no issues, but as I havent tested it I'm selling it as is, I'd go though and rebuild before using to make sure its good to go.

Second is, what I was told, a Holley 750 DP carb. This one was on a 425HP 360 with a strip dominator carb I bought for my 72 Duster. It ran great on the motor but I couldnt get it to idle less then 1200RPM and had an off idle bog. The guy I bought the motor from said he recently rebuilt it, but the butterflies where drilled which is why I assume I couldnt get it to idle down. The choke horn was milled off so I really cant say for sure if its a 750 or a 650, just going off what he said. The motor was originally raced with a bigger cam so it was probably set up for that setup. Again this is being sold as is, its been off the motor for almost a year so it might need to be gone though.

Pm me for a shipping quote or more info. I prefer Paypal but I'll also take money order.

Thanks
Butch

Attachments

• DSC03587 (Medium).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • DSC03604 (Medium).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,040
  • DSC03603 (Medium).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,071
  • DSC03598 (Medium).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • DSC03597 (Medium).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSC03595 (Medium).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,043
  • DSC03593 (Medium).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,082
  • DSC03592 (Medium).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • DSC03590 (Medium).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,061
  • DSC03589 (Medium).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,049
Was just informed by a fellow member that I've seen to be very knowledgable, that the Holley may not be a 750 DP, he thinks it might be a 650 DP. In any case it supported a very healthy 360 that with a big cam took a 69 Corronet into the 12's. Also I swaped from this carb to a quick fuel 750 DP and didnt notice any major power increase, just better idleing and starting. Just a heads up for anyone looking.

Couldnt measure the actual thottle plates, but the bore on the base plate seems to be 1.680" uning a digital slide calpier. Dont know if that helps.

Ok pulled off any numbers I could...

6R5534B On top of Main body next to secondary's
P-32 On throttle side of main body
11170 Primary mettering block
11166 Secondary meetering block
45R-111 on all 4 boosters

Thats all the #'s I can find on the carb, any ideas ?

CudaChick, if you get this, your inbox is full and I cant send paypal info. I'll try again later.

Holley sale is pending!!!

Thanks Butch! Sorry about the hassle; I see you found my email address though. :-D Paypal payment is on the way for that Holley.

Just a quickie post to let you know the DP arrived a few days ago. It suffered a bit of abuse at the hands of the Postal Service and didn't quite look as good as it did in your pictures ...

View attachment 028.jpg

View attachment 032.jpg

View attachment 034 - Copy.jpg

... but it will be fine. Thank you for a great transaction!!! :-D

For future deals, insurance is very cheap through the Post Office and would provide your buyers with a little bit of security in case things like this happen again.

I'm so sorry about that, should have known not to use them, but thats the first issue I've had so far. If theres anything I can do, let me know.

Butch

Postal service lost my 750.00 rc helicopter I sent to Miami. Stupid me I didn't get insurance so I'm out that. I'm feeling like going postal on those bastards! My faith in them has gone waaaay down.

Just a quickie post to let you know the DP arrived a few days ago. It suffered a bit of abuse at the hands of the Postal Service and didn't quite look as good as it did in your pictures ...

View attachment 1714543337

View attachment 1714543338

View attachment 1714543339

... but it will be fine. Thank you for a great transaction!!! :-D

For future deals, insurance is very cheap through the Post Office and would provide your buyers with a little bit of security in case things like this happen again.

Butch is a good dude. I'd like to interject my 2 cents.

Packed in newspaper will do that EVERY time. If you got a nitpicker of a claims person, they'd deny a claim on that every time.

NEVER pack items weighing more than a few ounces using newspaper, it has NO resilience to crushing. I don't care who that was sent through, it would have ended up the same. I've received carbs from USPS, FE and UPS shipped the same way with newspaper filler, same results. Linkage sticking out and bent/broken, vent tubes killed, broken baseplates.

Need to use something more substantial. Styrofoam, cardboard, anything with some mass to resist the movement of the item. Using newspaper to fill the gaps in the other packing material is OK, just not as the main filler. Even if it's packed tight, the newspaper isn't up to snuff. If you shake the package and feel even the slightest movement of your contents, it's gonna create it's own space when on conveyor belts, ramps, etc.

Sorry to see the carb showed up like that. At least it's a pretty easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back