Holley experts

-

Remow2112

Reaction score
I have a 4779-2 which has a 2 corner idle circuit on it. It has a proform HP body on and my base plate gave up the ghost. I just got a new billet base plate and supposedly all billet base plates are 4 corner idle.

So, what issues is a 4 corner idle base plate and a 2 corner idle carb going to cause me? I can get a new secondary metering block with the idle circuit in it. The other option is that I have a Holley HP 650 that has a 4 corner idle. Can I use the metering blocks off that on the 750?

Thanks all,

Dan...

I have a 4779-2 which has a 2 corner idle circuit on it. It has a proform HP body on and my base plate gave up the ghost. I just got a new billet base plate and supposedly all billet base plates are 4 corner idle.

So, what issues is a 4 corner idle base plate and a 2 corner idle carb going to cause me? I can get a new secondary metering block with the idle circuit in it. The other option is that I have a Holley HP 650 that has a 4 corner idle. Can I use the metering blocks off that on the 750?

Thanks all,

Dan...

I would not suggest swapping metering blocks. The fuel curve is dialed per carb. I think i would inspect the base. Its possible it may work on a 2 corner carb. But obviously not the other way around. Its easy enough to put it on and try. If not, I would get the correct base.

Thanks all,

Dan...

Dan, if you already have a proform MB, it'll be easy too set it up for 4 corner, just install the billet base & the 650 HP metering blocks, i would start off with 73/80 on the jetting, you'll also have to install the larger "outer" air bleeds in the rear of the MB, they should have come with the PF MB if you bought it new.

-
Back