Holley guru's- need advice

-
Cool...

Jump in with both feet. There's so much "black magic" sold about the difficulty of doing some car related things...

I hear ya on this and agree whole heartedly!!! I read so much about how hard it is to set-up a Dana 60 and how much easier it would be to take it to a professional to get it done. Well, it took my dad and me (I was 25 at the time) 2 weekends to get it done. Those were 2 awesome cuss word filled weekends I got to spend with my dad that I won't ever forget. But when we finally got the caps torqued and had a great pattern and backlash was in spec, it made it all worth it. That's the thing I love about this hobby- learning how to do things. I know my cars spend more time on stands than they do on the road, but that doesn't bother me. I enjoy working on them. Its my stress relief. Granted, I made a vow that I'll NEVER put together another Dana 60 again, but at least once my 66 is on the road, I'll know that I set up the rearend. How many guys at the fancy car shows can say that??? Call me hard headed, but I'm sure someone you guys are the same way.

Your not hard headed,you just want to learn. I prefer the old style float bowls to the new ones. Don't forget to change the accelerator pump cam on the primary shaft back to stock. Also, wiggle the primary shaft looking for play. they will suck air from there and will be hard to tune. I build all my carbs because I can and I can't afford to buy them new.

You'll need to weld up the holes in the throttle blades , stick 71/82 jets in it and then do some vac tests for what power valve you need...as well as putting those air bleeds back to stock size by means of drilling/tapping and or shade tree needle punching them closed a lil at a time..lol:coffee2:

If it were me. I'd put it back to box stock settings, jetting, PV, pump cams and squirters as a baseline. If you know your idle/cruise vacuum, you can make a better selection on a PV than what they come with. Probably not a big deal either way.

I'd run what Brian suggested. Brian built a 360 for a friend of mine, put a OOTB 4779dp on it. Car runs really well with no tuning other than idle mix and idle speed adjustments. Got 20 MPG on the highway with a 2.90-3.00 rear gear and 2500 hughes converter. Not bad for a car that ran almost 105 mph at MATS, 71 Demon. The carb was a smidge rich, so there was more in it!

The throttle plate holes can be filled with JB weld/epoxy.

If you want to sell the 750DP you have, I'd be interested.

Good luck with it.
^^^^^^^ this! put it back to stock settings and go from there,no sense in buying a new carb yet.try it 4 corner idle mixture carbs are very tunable.

removing Drilling and tapping for the threaded air bleeds[. I run a 500 2bbl on my omni and had to do extensive mods to the carb. QUOTE=mopowers;1969803291]What are you referring to?
[/QUOTE]very unique setup, bet thats a ricer killin machine....

X2! Cracked,and Ou812, know their ****. 4779,a swwet carb. I have actually done low 20's ,with this carb.

-
Back