Holley Sniper EFI to stock A body throttle cable and kickdown?

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
I have a 68 plymouth barracuda that was a 318 2 bbl car. I have now installed a 340 and have the Holley sniper EFI. I would REALLY like to keep and use my stock kickdown and throttle cable set up. Have had the LOKAR set up in the past and wasn't a big fan. What and how have some of you guys set up your linkage with the Sniper. Do you use the Holley20-67 throttle stud? Any ideas? Pics? Thanks

Doesn’t the sniper have the same throttle arm as a Holley carb? Just use the Holley mopar throttle lever adapter and you should be set.
CE0882E7-5F46-44B0-B7C2-C96FB7E44117.png

Holley 20-7 Holley Throttle Lever Extensions | Summit Racing

Yep use the Mopar adapter. I used it on my FItech but should be the same.

IMG_0636.JPG

Ok Great I got rid of my stud off my 2 bbl does the arm come with a stud thanks

Click the link and read the description. It comes with mounting hardware but not the stud. You need to use the stock stud.

OK Great I think I got rid of stud but that shouldn't hard to figure out thanks

Do you need anything else for the stock kick down lever to work?
Not really. If you have all of the stock linkage for a small block it should all bolt up to the sniper just the same. The 4 barrel throttle cable mount is different from a 2 barrel, so that might be needed but you can make the 2 barrel mount work.

Not really. If you have all of the stock linkage for a small block it should all bolt up to the sniper just the same. The 4 barrel throttle cable mount is different from a 2 barrel, so that might be needed but you can make the 2 barrel mount work.
Thanks for the help!!

I have the Holley Sniper EFI on my 440 and the Lokar throttle cable/kick down cable. The carb stud bracket for the Sniper EFI is different than the bracket for carburetors. This setup is way better for the EFI than the mechanical linkage and stock throttle cable.

2DA252C9-A58C-49A7-8818-0C02838F32C9.jpeg

ADF0E640-0C9D-4EB7-A1AC-BE1E1D3689EB.jpeg

278AC241-5CEE-47D6-8497-C499BB0BE045.jpeg

-
Back