Holley Street Dominator Intake

-

Charlie_es_cool

Reaction score
I bought this street dominator intake from eBay recently. When It arrived, I noticed it’s a single plane one with the passage that connects #7 and #8 intake runners. I was under the impression that there were 2 main variants: plain jane single plane, and divided plenum with passage connecting #7 and #8.

has any one here run one of these? Any insights on what performance characteristics it will have? I saw a discussion in another forum that it might pull to higher rpms when compared to the regular single plane variant.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes. I have seen that one previously. Mine seems to be a hybrid of yours and the regular single plane one with no cross over. How has that one worked out for you?
I had each of the 3 SD intakes on a 67 Dart GT. 340 auto 727 with factory high stall. 3.55 suregrip. Best run was 13.2 with the open one without the divider. Other 2 slightly slower. Kim

I had each of the 3 SD intakes on a 67 Dart GT. 340 auto 727 with factory high stall. 3.55 suregrip. Best run was 13.2 with the open one without the divider. Other 2 slightly slower. Kim

Awesome! Guess I’ll just have to install it and see how it runs

That is a 'Z' series manifold, with that horrible equaliser section at the back & divided plenum. Soon consigned to the dustbin of history...
It is a low performance, RV intake. Hope you didn't pay too much for it....

That is a 'Z' series manifold, with that horrible equaliser section at the back & divided plenum. Soon consigned to the dustbin of history...
It is a low performance, RV intake. Hope you didn't pay too much for it....

Mine doesn’t have the divided plenum, but does have the equalizer section. I think you’re looking at oldkimmer’s photo.

I’m just trying to make sense as to why would they make an open plenum single plane with the equalizer passage. It kinda makes sense with the divided plenum one and 5-7 firing one after another, but not so much with a regular plenum in a street manifold.

My understanding has always been the one with the open plenum and the equalizer runner is the best one. What say you @oldkimmer?

Could the divider have been removed? My 82 catalog only shows one Z intake & it has the plenum divider.

Do u see how the 2 equalizer tubes are different shape on each manifold? I don’t think the divider is machined out. I’ll go thru some old photo albums to see if I can find some pics. Kim

Yes, I see what you mean now. The Z section looks taller on the man without the divider.

Could the divider have been removed? My 82 catalog only shows one Z intake & it has the plenum divider.

I thought of this at first, but it doesn’t look like it. It’s as cast. Also, the numbers cast on the underside of the manifold are the same as those cast on the regular single plane manifold. 300-7 and 701R-7

Wow some harsh reviews by folks who haven't one shred to back it up.

Dontov cross over, he developed/involved for GM's Corvette program.
13.2 on 340 isnt bad being it was designed for and has the runner size of a 273/318.
I have one. They are great for a 318/273 that's one foot in low rpm usage and the other into 6000 rpm passing shifts.
I think a dual plane is better off idle or anywhere under 3000 rpm when compared to the street dominator.

Best? Nah, or you'd see them everywhere.
Crap? Nope, or you wouldn't see them every year for sale just like Ld340, rpm,performers,ld4b etc.
I think the dontov crossover is the best one.

Do u see how the 2 equalizer tubes are different shape on each manifold? I don’t think the divider is machined out. I’ll go thru some old photo albums to see if I can find some pics. Kim
I don't think it's been machined out either. Looks as cast.

-
Back