holley street dominator plz help

-
I love the story of the Bird. I worked for, and on Pontiac's years ago. :thumleft:

As far as changing the intake, from what you posted, i'd maybe change out the carb for now, do your other repairs, get the interior done, and enjoy the car for the time being. For where you want to go, i'd rather see you take some time, and put together a overall build strategy to get to your goal. Lower then 12's is easily doable with a SB "A"body, but you'll need a plan that take's into account all aspects of the car. Approx 450hp, a well built hi-stall converter, good tires with some bite, and a rear gear that might not be exactly street friendly.

I'm glad to here you have a good job and a steady income. It's gonna take more then a few bucks to build your dream Mopar......But in the end, it will definitely be worth it.

and what i ment about sounding good and running good was it sounds extremely loud which is good to me...they have installed headers and purple hornets under it and kicked out the exhaust just before the rear tires now it just needs to match that scream with a little bit of power

and what i ment about sounding good and running good was it sounds extremely loud which is good to me...they have installed headers and purple hornets under it and kicked out the exhaust just before the rear tires now it just needs to match that scream with a little bit of power

Is this gonna be mostly a "street car"? Loud exhaust is fun, but once you get that permanent ringing in your ears, not so much.

I think instead of throwing new parts at it, tune what you have.
In the pictures you posted it looks like the throttle cable does not have much pull to open the carb up.
Also where is the kick-down linkage for the transmission, running it very long with out the linkage will fry the tranny quick.
What gears do you have, if it has a 2.xx something in it, it will be a dog off the line.

-
Back