holley terminator x tuning for 5.7 hemi

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
Hey guys did a 5.7 hemi swap. Truck runs great, just looking to do some tuning to get to run right. Running a Holley Terminator X, any one in the California Bay area?

Hey guys did a 5.7 hemi swap. Truck runs great, just looking to do some tuning to get to run right. Running a Holley Terminator X, any one in the California Bay area?
How easy was the terminator x harness etc to install? Any issues when installing as looking at this for my hemi swap. Still collecting parts for my swap

How easy was the terminator x harness etc to install? Any issues when installing as looking at this for my hemi swap. Still collecting parts for my swap
It was a breeze to be honest, instructions made it dummy proof. Effective grounding of the ecu is crucial. Every harness end was labeled to ensure proper connection. Uploading software and firmware was the only tricky part, but having a basic understanding of their terminology and their function will make it easier to properly install ECU software and handheld firmware.

It was a breeze to be honest, instructions made it dummy proof. Effective grounding of the ecu is crucial. Every harness end was labeled to ensure proper connection. Uploading software and firmware was the only tricky part, but having a basic understanding of their terminology and their function will make it easier to properly install ECU software and handheld firmware.
So from what i understand it doesn't need a professional dyno tune as you can tell it what mods you are running etc and it learns?
Really leaning towards this sytem as reading lot of positive things about it

So from what i understand it doesn't need a professional dyno tune as you can tell it what mods you are running etc and it learns?
Really leaning towards this sytem as reading lot of positive things about it
It will need a fine tune. It does learn on its own. You gotta set parameters on when it starts to learn. I’m having a hard time fine tuning cold starts. But other than that truck runs great. Holley sets these ECU’s to run a little in the rich side. Dialing it in professionally or taking the time to do it is a necessity. I fouled a set of plugs in the process of learning. Holleyforums has great input on installation and tuning.

It will need a fine tune. It does learn on its own. You gotta set parameters on when it starts to learn. I’m having a hard time fine tuning cold starts. But other than that truck runs great. Holley sets these ECU’s to run a little in the rich side. Dialing it in professionally or taking the time to do it is a necessity. I fouled a set of plugs in the process of learning. Holleyforums has great input on installation and tuning.
O nice and i am guessing there are profesional tuners that can do it on a dyno etc. Like you would with any other computer

-
Back