Holy Crap!

-

baucco

Reaction score
Okay. I need help from one of you "Mr. Wizard-type guys" who knows all of his wiring mojo back to front. This car is killing me! I got my turn signals and reverse lights to work or so I thought. The Turn signals don't work if the headlights are on,they just stay on very brightly. The brake lights still don't do anything at all even though the switch is good and the turn signal switch is good as well. I 'm pretty sure my windsheild wiper switch is shot and could be the source of all my pain and I am having all kinds of fun finding a new old one. Any help would be appreciated,thanks,b.

90% of everyone's problems are grounds! I would start there before I chased my tail too much. Make sure that the park light and tail light housings are grounded well. If you have recently painted the car then this is more than likely where your problem is. This may also be the problem you are having with the wiper switch too.

Okay. I need help from one of you "Mr. Wizard-type guys" who knows all of his wiring mojo back to front. This car is killing me! I got my turn signals and reverse lights to work or so I thought. The Turn signals don't work if the headlights are on,they just stay on very brightly. The brake lights still don't do anything at all even though the switch is good and the turn signal switch is good as well. I 'm pretty sure my windsheild wiper switch is shot and could be the source of all my pain and I am having all kinds of fun finding a new old one. Any help would be appreciated,thanks,b.

I wished I could help you out but wiring is mostly a hands on deal. All the problems I've ever had with wiring I had to get in there and dig until I found the problem. Test light and a ohm meter is a must have. The brain to the system is in the steering column I can tell you that. And double make sure that the contacts on the turn signal cam (in the steering column) are clean and touching one another. And check your grounds at the lights.

-
Back