holy grail hemi part arrived today!!!

-
Or this, its not a Mopar though. I can't find any old pictures of 30s Mopar drag cars.
Must not have been a popular choice back in the day

Now the purple car is a Mopar but not a vintage racing picture, might be a street rod. Stole it off the web and know nothing about it.
I would love to start with a car like that.

Attachments

• attachment-34.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 104
  • attachment-77.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 99
Or this, its not a Mopar though. I can't find any old pictures of 30s Mopar drag cars.

Now the purple car is a Mopar but not a vintage racing picture, might be a street rod. Stole it off the web and know nothing about it.
that purple car is bitchin':glasses7:

though it looks like its got a Ford engine in it:wack: but I can't see it very clearly

Depending on which way you end up going, - I've got an extra chrome transverse leaf spring straight axle sitting around....

that purple car is bitchin':glasses7
Yep needs a early hemi
though it looks like its got a Ford engine in it:wack: but I can't see it very clearly
If I remember right it is a 440. Had it saved for awhile now.

If I remember right it is a 440. Had it saved for awhile now.
I've been wanting to build an early Hemi like this for a minute now. Though its a distant dream of finding a Hemi and a body to start it all off with right now.
engine-keith-black-392.jpg

I can dream atleast lol.

Depending on which way you end up going, - I've got an extra chrome transverse leaf spring straight axle sitting around....

We should get together on this. I sold what I had together with the 28.

Attachments

• IMG_20140305_022246_214-1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 101
I picked up another 6-71 at the swap meet n Lincoln, Nebraska last weekend. Just in case my 331 tries to sneak over into the funnycar.

I picked up another 6-71 at the swap meet n Lincoln, Nebraska last weekend. Just in case my 331 tries to sneak over into the funnycar.

Good plan, is it ready to bolt on or a core like I started with. I bought mine for 200.0
But could have bought a new one for what it took to get it going. I didn't have to pay all at once, that helped. I also learned a lot doing it myself.

Yeah, it must have been too early in the morning when I bought it. The temperature was below 0' at the time and I had just gotten there when I saw it. - Sort of an impulse buy. It was marked as a "Dyers" blower and I didn't even bother to look closely at it, - only asked the guy a few questions. It's just another core. I paid $250.
View attachment IMG_0132.JPG

Looks like a fair deal to me. Mine was straight off the side of a diesel, paint-grease and all.
I'd paid the extra 50.00 to have gotten mine that cleaned up. Looks like they cut the tabs off
for you also. Have fun working on that beast. I know I enjoyed the learning experience that came with mine.

-
Back