Home made Christmas gifts?

-
Very nice stuff YG! You have an eye and talent. Very rare. Don't ever lose it. Here's some simple picture frames I made for my 93 year old gramma. They came from barn beams from my grandparents barn that was tore down last year by the current owner. Gramma and Grampa sold the farm in 82. Originally bought it in 1950 ish. 1st barn shown in 2nd pic burned down in 1961. The beams I rescued were from the rebuilt barn.
I used some of Dads wood working tools that I inherited when Dad passed almost 2 years ago. It felt good. I enjoy making sawdust.
The close-up pic is of my Grandparents. Mom Stepdad John and me.
I know I definitely need a bigger garage. Its a wonder I didn't cut off a finger. ..lol

Attachments

• 20151225_195829.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20151225_200053.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20151225_200812.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 82
Great job on all of it..

I can tell you that my wife would love that wine barrel piece you made.. I've been trying to find a barrel, but there are just none available. I've even checked with the local winery's.

You might try this. I made it for a friend of mine, who also likes wine. Cut down a pallet. This one is oak, but you can use pine. Oak really comes out nice, but is harder to work with. She loved it.

Attachments

• wine rack.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 71
-
Back