home of the new big block project

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
well here it is my old small block duster has been 7.44 with small block i hope to go 6.00 with the new big block.sorry it looks so bad under the hood elect. fans,water pump,and the normal crap.the car will stay ss springs to start with then ladder bars and roll cage.(cage will be in before the motor goes in..just thought id share...mike the dart is the car we got to put it in to start but it is a little heavy so went with the duster now the dart will sit for a while until we fig. out what we want to do with it..

Attachments

• new project big block.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 435
  • HPIM0579.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 414
  • HPIM0580.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 434
  • HPIM0582.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 421
its a 72 dart swinger acc. to the title.but right now we dont knowwhat we're going to do with it..car came with a/c all the stuff that dont work on this old cars work ..back up lights,map light glove box light dome light,even the buzzer when the door is open and key in ign. works.. got the car and drove it up on the trailer and around the block after i got it home..may put a nice small block init and be a driver.... int. is in great shape the front seat has i think 3 holes in it and the back seat is perfect door panels are perfect and head liner needs to be took out and cleaned but perfect, i have pics ill post later of the int., even got all the rally wheels to fit it, jack still in the back

Oh, funny that it's registered as a Dart. It could very well be a Dart, I'm just looking at the condition of the paint and how everything matches pretty well, and the trim and all that, but the front fenders/bumper look to be Plymouth Scamp/Valiant/Duster, yet the rear bumper is a 71-73 Dart. But if it is a Scamp, one would think it would be easier to swap out the rear bumper from the 70 Dart style to the 71 - 73 style, rather than swapping the whole front end and making the paint match.

Unless the front has the beak.

But sounds like its been upkept! The buzzer on my 70 Dart still works, and man is it annoying!

when you say beck you mean the point in the front of the hood...if so yes it does have that but i really dont know this is the first 1 i have evr owned...but i will post more pics..and thanks for the help and info as i am learning with this car too..mike

Love the hood scoop. We used to run those all the time in high school.

thanks guys a buddy had the hood with the scoop on it so i didnt have to cut up the factory one...i hope to get things going soon with the build just havent fig. out what i want to do buy a short block or build a nice short block..if i build it it will prob. be a 512 ci buy will be whatever i can get thats in good cond. and good price... topend is already worked out set of 440-1heads with t&d rockers 670 roller cam and a indy intake headers will be custom or tti i think would like to make about 700hp when done...but will see..any ideas out there for short block what size where to get the best deal on kits?? thanks glad you all like it ill keep pic posted as we go...by the way i have alot of help and support from a good buddy on this board bob shingler will be helping me out as we go along with doing the ladder bar set and cage thansk bob mike

So you're actually gonna use that scoop? Great. I think it's aewsome.

for the time being yes the plan is to go glass on whatever parts i can as money comes in the pic. for it to be replaced...

well guys got my parts today for the big block project hopeing to be able to get this thing going forward here soon..

parts that i got
440-1 heads with 1.6 t/d rockers
440-2d intake with a spacer to run a domin. carb and valley pan
valve covers
lunati cam (roller) 282@50
457 lobe lift
685 gross lift with 1.5
731 lift with the 1.6
msd 7al-2
msd tower coil

now its time for you guys to shoot me some combos out to make the power....
looking to runn some low low 6.0's in the 1/8 mile if i can..
i was think of a 512 low deck but not set in stone yet thanks mike

now lets hear some combos

I love the stroked 440's.

if you go 512, do you plan on using 440 sources kit or another set up.

im not to sure what way ill be going for the bottom end right now kit or from diff. places

-
Back