Home remidies for the comman cold?

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive felt terrible the last couple days right now with this cold. I also have a pretty decent fever that makes me pretty uncomfortable. I've been taking vitamin c and ibprophen for a while and thought I would post to see what you guys do when you feel under the weather.

Good old fashioned hot toddy- 1-2 tbsps whiskey, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1-2 tbsps honey in a coffee cup, fill with water and microwave until hot. Sip until it's gone and you'll sleep like a baby...

That sounds amazing.. Too bad there's no wiskey around though :,(

Work out....run, do pull-ups, dips, bench and curls. Except you've got to keep a routine going before you get sick. I rarely get sick unless I go for a spell without working out.

Lots of fluids, chicken soup, for sore throat gargle with warm salt water, keep changing your pillowcase.

Drink lots of fluids. Vegtable and fruit juices are good,plus water. It helps keep the secretions thinner,and allows it to get out of your system quicker.

Feeding a cold is good..Time for some chicken noodle ! If it sounds good,and its healthy,eat it. Grapefruit works well to. Great for energy.

Probably the most important thing is rest. Get lots of rest. Before you know it you will be back at it.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it a lot.

stay hydrated, get under the covers and try to sweat it out

I just got over the flu and decided the best thing for me was cold showers and rest. I made the mistake of going into work one night after being sick for about 4 days and by the end of my shift I felt like death. I went home and got in bed in dress pants and a polo and could not stop shivering under 4 blankets. I would stay away from nyquil though. If you take that stuff for a while it makes it really hard to sleep with out it.

Sounds like I'm going to be resting awhile. I can't remember ever having a cold this severe..

Oil of oregano.

Pour a small glass of water, put 5 or so drops of the oil in it. Swish it under your tongue and gurgle it in the back of your throat. Swallow it, and make sure you have something with flavor to follow, ie, milk, juice. It'll burn but it's good for you. Take it as soon as you start to feel sick, until it's gone.

30 mg Zinc a day and 400 mg Echinacea plus some vitamn C lozenges. Along with plenty of water and activity. This will end your suffering much sooner.......

-
Back