Home Security Camera's recommendation

-
Or figure a way to get her out of there
This^^^^^^

Maybe sit her down. Tell her how important she is to you. Tell her you're afraid for her safety. Hell, I don't even know yall and I'm afraid for her safety. That's a serious situation. If someone thinks she's sees something they don't want her to see, she could be a target. That's dangerous.

I understand you wanting to keep the cameras somewhat discreet, but it might be a good idea to have a few that are clearly visible. This can be a deterrent for some thieves who are likely to skip a house that's being monitored due to increase risk of getting caught.
Good advice, here.

In our old place, when we installed our alarm system and someone would ask, "Why?" (we lived in a pretty good neighborhood), I would respond that it's not going to keep out the determined Bad Guys, but it might just make the neighbor's place that much more inviting to the casual Bad Guys.

(Remember the old joke: "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you!"? Makes for a good analogy.)

IMO, signs should be posted, and both visible, and discreet, cameras need to be be used.

I'd rather not comment on what we currently use at the new place, sorry.

Last edited:
I like Wyze, can be wired or wireless. Can get solar panels for them, so they don't even need power outdoors. For protection, 9mm are small enough for her to handle with no recoil. Although I like a 12 gauge in the home. Don't know how tough or frail she is, but just the pump action is a deterrent!

...I was doing a little window shopping last night. Mossberg has a shorter barrel 20 gauge pump. Can't beat that for reliability, less recoil, still the pump deterrent and shred multiple bad guys, if needed. Hate she even needs to think about it, or you worry about her for it, but it's the times we live in. Good luck to her and you on keeping her safe, whatever route you take.

-
Back