Homemade frame connectors

-
Here's the set I made for my Duster. 1.5" x 3" x .120", with additional .125" plate to create more overlap at the frame.

IMG_4996_zps19e18495.jpg

IMG_5012_zpse0044a73.jpg

IMG_5010_zps13f324a0.jpg

I used 1.5x3 instead of 2x3 to I didn't have to do any cutting on the floors.

Here are mine on the cuda. I modified them to clear the rear footwell.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • IMG_1260.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 804
Looks great, did you also reinforce the torsion bar mount?

I did on mine, yes.

The original welds on mine appeared decent, but not as good as the welds on my Challenger or my '71 Darts. So I decided to reinforce them with some .125" plate because I run 1.12" torsion bars in my Duster. At almost 3x the original spring rate, I wanted the torsion bar anchors to stay put. If I'd really been thinking I'd have used a single plate for the torsion bar socket and the end of the frame connector, but oh well. It probably would have made the frame connector install a little more challenging anyway.

I also added torque boxes, you can see the rear one in one of my pictures above.

2x2 .083 Lazy, no fishplate at torsion bar x-member.

frameconnectors.jpg

frameconnectors002.jpg

frameconnectors001.jpg

frameconnectors003.jpg

Still have not welded them in but here are some mock up pics. 2x3 up through the floor going in to the rear frame rail.

Attachments

• a1212.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 710
  • a1313.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 626
I have a question. I would love to put a set of frame connectors in but my welding skill is sub par could they be bolted in? I am thinking there is no reason they can't considering the rearend is essentially bolted in.

I have a question. I would love to put a set of frame connectors in but my welding skill is sub par could they be bolted in? I am thinking there is no reason they can't considering the rearend is essentially bolted in.

Mopar performance connectors are a bolt on unit, although most weld them on.

-
Back