Hood Badge on the 71 Dart

-

C39

Reaction score
I am working on a 1971 Dart (LH23G1R). My downfall is that I am a detail freak. The car was tapped on the left front corner of the hood, and there is no hood badge there. I have seen examples of the 71 Dart with no hood badge, I have seen the 71 Dart with a script badge a la the 1970, and I have seen them with the block letter "DODGE" badge. Which is correct?

My '71 Dart GT had a block letter badge. I don't have the badge, but the weather mark is pretty obvious...

IMG_3614.jpg

BINGO! That's what I thought! And it was glued, not pinned?

72bluNblu,

I had no idea! My '71 Dart GT was repainted by a previous owner, and there is no "DODGE" emblem on the hood, but there is a "DODGE" emblem on the trunk lid. Clearly my car is not 100% original, which allows me to resto-mod as desired.

No problem!

I'm missing a lot of that stuff, but since I've got the original paint I can still tell what was there. Had it been painted I wouldn't have known either. Now I just need to find the badge somewhere. I'm missing the rear one too, but the holes for that one are even more obvious. Nice looking Dart BTW, the hoodscoops are really growing on me...

72bluNblu,

I had no idea! My '71 Dart GT was repainted by a previous owner, and there is no "DODGE" emblem on the hood, but there is a "DODGE" emblem on the trunk lid. Clearly my car is not 100% original, which allows me to resto-mod as desired.

could have fell off over time don't you think? double sided tape dosen't last forever.

No problem!

I'm missing a lot of that stuff, but since I've got the original paint I can still tell what was there. Had it been painted I wouldn't have known either. Now I just need to find the badge somewhere. I'm missing the rear one too, but the holes for that one are even more obvious. Nice looking Dart BTW, the hoodscoops are really growing on me...

i still have the trunk emblem from my wifes dart (71) and it was secured by double sided tape. there were no holes on the wifes car for it to go into. maybe it was changed but the emblem shows no signs of there ever being any pins to hold it on ....

-
Back