Hood clearance?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
On a 73 duster i have installed a 440 with schumaker mounts and a Mopar Performance breather on top of a 750 Demon carb and from what i'm seeing the original hood just wont fit and close. Original K member. Short of cutting a hole in hood and putting on a scoop what other options have i got? What have you guys done in this situation? I'll run it without a hood till i come up with a satisfactory solution. Don't need some cobbled up looking mess. Give me you thoughts. Pictures of the car on this site so i'll go and see where and post it for you so you can give some solid advice. Thanks guys.

If you haven't allready got it you'll need a drop down air cleaner where the bottom plate is dished downwards but even this may not help if you're running any kind of a high rise manifold. A hood scoop may be in your future.

Terry

The one i have now does drop some but i need to be cautious of the linkage issues on the carb. Tank some pics and post if you have one that is working for you. The intake is an offy with a 750 demon.

-
Back