Hood Clearence

-

Sterling

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am building a 372 engine for a 69 Dodge Dart. 340 block, Scat rotating assembly, Trick Flow heads , and the customer just got a Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold. The Dart has the stock 340 hood on it, and a RMS Front Suspension. The Air Gap manifold is 1" taller than his old intake, will there be enough clearence for a air cleaner ?

I am building a 372 engine for a 69 Dodge Dart. 340 block, Scat rotating assembly, Trick Flow heads , and the customer just got a Edelbrock RPM Air Gap manifold. The Dart has the stock 340 hood on it, and a RMS Front Suspension. The Air Gap manifold is 1" taller than his old intake, will there be enough clearence for a air cleaner ?

I ran into a similar problem. Magnum engine, RMS Alterkation suspension. I am using a factory style unsilenced air cleaner with a Mancini Racing supplied air cleaner base. Works great!

Here's a Pic.

Cheers!

mancini-logo.png

• 1-800-843-2821
CUSTOMER SUPPORT

• Mancini Racing "Low Pro" 13" Air Cleaner Baseplate

mancini-racing-low-pro-13-air-cleaner-baseplate-22.png

mancini-racing-low-pro-13-air-cleaner-baseplate-23.png

mancini-racing-low-pro-13-air-cleaner-baseplate-5.png

mancini-racing-low-pro-13-air-cleaner-baseplate-6.png

Mancini Racing "Low Pro" 13" Air Cleaner Baseplate
Item #: MRE28160

Price: $33.99
mancini-racing-high-lip-air-cleaner-baseplate-9.gif

Mancini Racing "High Lip" Air Cleaner Baseplate
$33.99
mancini-racing-air-cleaner-baseplate-7.gif

Mancini Racing Air Cleaner Baseplate
$15.95

I didnt know about the mancini piece and found that a ford 13" base is the same dropped situation. I think I got that hack off of this fine establishment.

-
Back