Hood fish

-

Cudaroy

Reaction score
Did all 67-68 barracudas have the hood fish? Mine has the trunk fish,and has hood inserts but no fish and the hood has no holes where it would have mounted. Possible replacement hood that never had the fish mounted?

My '68 'Cuda has one. Maybe it was part of a trim package, such as with a side stripe.

Did all 67-68 barracudas have the hood fish? Mine has the trunk fish,and has hood inserts but no fish and the hood has no holes where it would have mounted. Possible replacement hood that never had the fish mounted?

All 67 and 68 had the hood fish.

If yours doesn't, it's more likely related to something that happened over the last 40 years.

It is very unlikely that it never had one. In fact….. Lets say that it never had one.

If it never had one (was delivered without one from the factory) it would still be incorrect in a restoration situation.

So……

If you are doing a restoration or want the car correct………. Put the fish back on.

If you are doing any kind of custom or personal build……… Do what you like.

Coming from the other side of the globe,would anyone have a pic of said "hood fish" ,Im interested...

DSC00067.jpg

False alarm all...........I found the holes where it would have mounted. Thanks to all that chimed in.........now I gotta get a fish or two........

-
Back