Hood glue?????

-

Jims71duster

Reaction score
the little gobs of stuff that seperates the hood braces from the hood itself have become seperated because someone cut the hood braces very crudly to install a scoop causing the hood to flex alot. Question!! I want to rebuild the mangled sections and weld the spots close to the glue gobs. Is this ok to do or will it rattle or vibrate??

Tack it spairingly to saqure it. Then Glue it Back with????????????the same old stuff that was there to begine with
that we cald {Dum Dum}= play dow that get,s a bite simie hard , to keep the reiforsment frame off the hood scin,
so it will not touch and ratel the two metal's to gether. and will stop some flex if not all. just an apinion

Jims71duster said:
the little gobs of stuff that seperates the hood braces from the hood itself have become seperated because someone cut the hood braces very crudly to install a scoop causing the hood to flex alot. Question!! I want to rebuild the mangled sections and weld the spots close to the glue gobs. Is this ok to do or will it rattle or vibrate??

PL400 is holding my scoop on just fine.

I bought a tube of seam sealer for around $9 from Eastwood Co. It is the original stuff.

memike said:
Tack it spairingly to saqure it. Then Glue it Back with????????????the same old stuff that was there to begine with
that we cald {Dum Dum}= play dow that get,s a bite simie hard , to keep the reiforsment frame off the hood scin,
so it will not touch and ratel the two metal's to gether. and will stop some flex if not all. just an apinion

Someone needs to use spellcheck a little more. :toothy7:

-
Back