Hood hinge stuck. 67 dart

-

joeboy

Reaction score
My drivers hood hinge is stuck, hood won’t close, it just flexes the hinge into the fender... 67 dart, steel hood.

Any suggestions?

I found that the strut mod works well. Use the hinge arms and get rid of the spring. No flex

My drivers hood hinge is stuck, hood won’t close, it just flexes the hinge into the fender... 67 dart, steel hood.

Any suggestions?

Pull the plastic shield out from behind the front tire and lube the crap out of the pivot points and spring.
The coil binds against itself, and I packed the sucker with wheel bearing grease and made a HUGE difference.
They don't do the Mopar groan when opening or closing the hood afterwards either. :D

Thanks dudes, I was trying to make it to the track with some buddies last nite, so I just ditched the hood and hinges... I guess it doesn’t take much for me to go full WT!

Anyway, lookin at the drivers hinge I think it’s actually bent a bit on the lowest arm/spring attachment... I think I’ll give the strut mod a try at some point. Any specifics about attachment? I think I found the thread of which strut to use...

Thanks again
Joe

-
Back