hood moldings help!

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
so im trying to get hood trim for my 70 dart. the chrime peices that go on the end of the hood and the fender extensions over the headlights (i think some call those smaller peices "eye brow moldings"?) anyway, my car was a base model /6 from the factory and never came with these chome pieces. its something i want to add. how in the heck do they mount? i dont see any holes at all in my fender ext.'s and im not sure the little holes in my hood are for trim.

can someone here help explain? have pics? am i gonna need to drill holes or what?!

You will have to drill the holes in the hood for it to attach. Not sure on the extensions, didn't they all have the holes? May need to drill them too, only a few hold them on.

hmm. guess drilling is cheaper than new hood and extensions =/ how many holes/screws hold the moldings on? and yeah i think only v8 cars came with moldings probably. that or it was an option that my car didnt get checked

hmm. guess drilling is cheaper than new hood and extensions =/ how many holes/screws hold the moldings on? and yeah i think only v8 cars came with moldings probably. that or it was an option that my car didnt get checked

Nope, the trim was an option on all models, S6 or V8, the body protection package I believe. These cars came with the trunk trim, the door edge guards, and possibly the side trim tom prevent door dings, my 70 Dart 340 car has this option...stripe delete :glasses7:

M43= is the grille surround mouldings

M88 =is the decklid mouldings

V5X= Body Side Moulding with Black Vinyl Insert

I have some of those extension pieces of trim if you need them PM me

-
Back