Hood pin mounts on a Duster for a pin on hood

-

392Mopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at picking up a full pin on 6 pack hood for my Duster, what is everyone doing as far as brackets or mounting locations for the hood pins especially the rear pins? Making brackets or is there a good spot to mount the pins. Pictures would be a great help. Thanks

Butch

For the rear pins, if you drill the holes in the right place you can reach up into the cowl area through the floor vents to tighten the pins.

Good to know, Thanks. Is that what most people do, I figured I'd have to make a bracket.

Butch

I've never seen it done with a bracket before, the hood is very close in the back and your pin ends up being very short, Dont believe theres room for a bracket. I did it that way one time and it worked fine!! Depending on your hood you might need a little spacer to go over the pin for the hood to rest on,,,,

Here's a pic of my mounts. They are welded in so it would be better to do when one is redoing the engine compartment. My compartment is kinda ugly so it doesn't bother me.:toothy10:

Thanks for the ideas, I guess I'll just have to see how it lays out to be uniform front to back. I'm redoing the engine bay anyway so if I have to weld up a bracket its no big deal.

Butch

-
Back